The vision of New Castle Presbytery is to be a governing body of the PC (USA) that cares for and connects its congregations, clergy and laity for mission and ministry. Our work together will be offered as worship to Our Lord.
New Castle Presbytery is currently seeking a Connectional Presbyter
Ministry Vision, Emerging Needs and Goals
- To enhance, broaden, and repave the avenues of conversation between the presbytery and its congregations, we envision a bold and creative future for NCP and believe a deeply relational approach to ministry and governance is the channel through which that future becomes present reality.
- To address the present and emerging needs of our community, a new leadership team with a co-presbyter model will work in tandem to inspire, encourage, excite, support and motivate the engagement of our congregations and churches in actively engaging with each other, and community partners to meet the needs of our communities.
- View the Ministry Information Form here
The Connectional Presbyter is one of two new full-time staff positions (with a Missional Presbyter) created in the New Castle Presbytery. In the restructured staffing model, the new Connectional Presbyter will serve the NCP in three broad arenas of ministry:
- Pastoral support, for both ministers of the Word and Sacrament and elders, including commissioned lay pastors (CLPs), who are serving actively in the work of the NCP,
- Advocate and agent, for recruiting ministers of the Word and Sacrament for service within the NCP.
- Stated Clerk, serving the NCP in accordance with the specifications of G-3.0104 and G-3.0305 of the Book of Order
View the full position description here.
Apply or confer with the CP Search Team via email