For 2021, funds are available from New Castle Presbytery to assist congregations in providing financial assistance to youth (through college age) and adults to attend and participate in faith-centered camping experiences, conferences and mission trips. Congregations make the application and all approved funds will be disbursed to the congregation.
Funds are limited and will be made available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Maximum amounts offered per camp/conference/mission trip are:
- $150 per youth or adult
- $750 maximum for youth per congregation
- $300 maximum for adults per congregation
The application forms are available below. Please note the forms should be completed, saved and sent via email to [email protected]. Questions can also be addressed directly with the Presbytery office at (302) 366-0595.
We hope these funds help you in your youth ministry efforts this summer and beyond. (Input forms can be completed, saved to your computer and sent electronically. Hardcopy forms can be printed, completed and sent via fax or USPS mail.)
- Youth Scholarship (hardcopy)
- Youth Scholarship (input)
- Adult Scholarship (hardcopy)
- Adult Scholarship (input)
Mini-Sabbatical Grants (from COMC for minister members – 2021)
Recognizing the challenges of the year 2020 and the many pressures faced by our pastors, the Committee on Ministers and Congregations (COMC) of New Castle Presbytery, in partnership with the Board of Trustees and Financial Resources Committee, is offering a “Mini-Sabbatical Grant” of up to $400 each to all Ministers of Word and Sacrament and Commissioned Ruling Elders currently serving in a pastoral ministry setting (congregation, hospital, or hospice).
We want to offer this as an opportunity for wellness, refreshment, self-care, and renewal to all our pastoral leaders.
This “mini-sabbatical grant” is not intended to be a replacement for taking a course of study that might normally be considered continuing education. Instead, we encourage pastors to consider … in 2021:
What would enhance and enrich your life?
What would help make your “heart” sing and renew your soul?
Some examples might be:
- a weekend away
- several “date nights” with your spouse or partner or friend (okay – with COVID restrictions it may be restaurant take-out but at least you’re not cooking!)
- gym membership
- a stack of favorite books to spend some “down time” away from theology & sermons, and maybe a “get-away” place to read them
- painting class
- cooking class
- drumming class
- … ??? What would you want to do? BE CREATIVE! Imagine what would nurture your
These grants will be available on a reimbursement basis beginning January 2021.
Presbytery of New Castle, 1102 W. Church Road, Newark, DE 19711