Leadership Equipping Day
DATE: Saturday, January 21, 2023, 9:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Thank you to all who attended! Select videos are available on the Presbytery YouTube channel under “Training”. Connect here.
CALLED MEETING OF PRESBYTERYWHERE: Via Zoom (Pre-register here) WHEN: Tuesday, February 7, 2023, 6:30 p.m. here. Third Thursday Training videos with Connectional Presbyter/Stated Clerk Cindy Kohlmann provide detailed information regarding the amendments. Click on each bullet point below to access each video.
- Amendments to the Foundations of Presbyterian Polity
- Amendments to the Form of Government
- Amendments to the Rules of Discipline, including the complete revision
OFFERINGThe offering opportunity approved by the NCP Round Table has been designated to Restorative Actions (Surrendering wealth for mutual well being). This was the designee for the opening worship during GA225. View the initiatives of Restorative Actions, “an economic justice initiative that encourages mid councils, congregations individuals and interested organizations to surrender wealth that is attributable to white supremacy”, in addition to the link to provide an offering here.
ANNUAL BAY RETREAT
Theme: “On Your Marks. Get Set. Go!”WHEN: Friday, March 3 and Saturday, March 4
WHERE: Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay, 100 Heron Boulevard, Cambridge, MD The coordination of the retreat planning is complete and registration is open! View all the details and register here by February 14! This event is earmarked for ministry leaders, however incorporates joy, confidence, authenticity and coaching for all PC(USA) members. Yes, that means clergy, ruling elders, deacons and members alike! Exciting leadership …
- Podcaster, producer, improviser, musician, consultant, Rev. Marthame Sanders
- Deputy Director for Vision, Innovation and Rebuilding (Presbyterian Mission Agency), Ruling Elder Corey Schlosser-Hall
- Lead Presbyter for Vision and Collaboration, Presbytery of the James, Rev. Floretta Barbee-Watkins
- Jazz Musician, Warren Cooper
- The Seven Joyful marks of Vital Congregations: creative brainstorming and sharing of inspiration.
- Joy as resistance: In a world full of disheartening news, joy is not frivolous but necessary.
- Confidence comes with practice: Playful improvisation can teach skills that translate into powerful resilience, creativity and nimbleness in our churches.
- Authenticity and energy in worship: Build authenticity and energy in life.
- Exercising our teamwork chops
- Group coaching for sessions and other leaders
- WHERE: Presbyterian Church of Chestertown
- WHEN: Saturday, May 20, 2023, 10:00 a.m.
OFFICIAL NOTICE OF MEETING
WORSHIP FOR MEETING
CONSENT AGENDA and CP/SC REPORT
- CONSENT AGENDA
- CONNECTIONAL PRESBYTER/STATED CLERK REPORT
SPARKING MISSION PARTNERSHIPS AND NEW CHURCH INITIATIVES
- MISSIONAL PRESBYTER REPORT
- Ignite Report and Financials with Detail
TRANSFORMING THE CHURCH THROUGH LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT AND VITAL CONGREGATIONS
Committee on Ministers and Congregations
- COMC Report to Presbytery
- New Members’ Faith Statements/Journeys
Committee on Leadership
- COL Report to Presbytery
STEWARDSHIP FOR THE GOOD OF THE WORLD
Committee on Representation and Nominations
- CORN Report to Presbytery
RESOURCES and GUIDANCE
PRESBYTERY ASSEMBLY MINUTES
Official notice of meeting and subsequent meeting documents will be posted 10 days prior to the meeting if not before. Committee documents and Omnibus Motion may appear closer to the date of the meeting. Meeting materials will remain for approximately 3 weeks past the date of the meeting to allow for continued access.
Calendar of Upcoming Presbytery Meetings NOTE: View Equipping & Training Days on the Training webpage
|EQUIPPING & TRAINING DAY||Saturday, January 21 2023, 9:00a-1:00p||VIA ZOOM||Workshops leaders will be announced shortly!|
|Special Called Assembly||Tuesday, February 7, 2023, 6:30 p.m.||VIA ZOOM||Vote on amendments to the Book of Order as presented by the 225th General Assembly|
|BAY RETREAT||Thursday, March 2-4, 2023||Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay (in-person only)||More info forthcoming!|
|864th Presbytery Assembly||Saturday, May 20, 2023, 10:00 a.m.||HYBRID: Chestertown PC and Zoom|
|865th Presbytery Assembly||Saturday, September 23, 2023, 10:00 a.m.||TBD||First read of the 2024 budget, incl. per capita|
|866th Presbytery Assembly||Tuesday, November 28, 2023, 4:00 p.m.||TBD||Installation of Moderator and Vice Moderator; vote on 2024 budget|
*Registration begins 45 minutes before the meeting commences.
Considering being a host church for a Presbytery meeting? Contact the Presbytery office for details.