PC(USA) has announced resources for the Year of Leader Formation including training hymns, monthly series/articles for serving faithfully, a webinar series for ruling elders and deacons, and more!
View full details here.
Presbytery calendar by clicking on the event name.
MONTHLY EDUCATION/TRAINING RESOURCES
April 21, 2021 – Unique clerk responsibilities
May 20, 2021 – Worship Training for Elders and Deacons
June 17, 2021 – Agendas, Discernment and Moderating a Meeting
- This gathering was hosted by the Presbytery of Southern New England and provided the following resources:
July 15, 2021 – Session Personnel Guidelines
- This gathering focused on the functions and accountability to the sessions of a committee or task force and provided the following resources:
August 17, 2021, 5:00 p.m. (Tuesday this month!) – Safe Church Policies
- This gathering focused Safe Church Policies with the following resources provided:
September 16, 2021, 5:00 p.m. – Stewardship
- This gathering focused on Stewardship with the following resources provided:
October 21, 2021, 5:00 p.m. – Finance Committees/Trustees
- This gathering focused on the purpose and matters associated with Finance Committees and Trustees
December 16, 2021, 5:00 p.m. – Vital Congregations
- This gathering will provide an introduction to Vital Congregations, a PC(USA) initiative.
As approved by Presbytery on September 22, 2020 and effective January 1, 2021 Dismantling Racism training shall be required at least once every three years for:
- All Ministers of Word and Sacrament who are serving as pastors to a congregation or otherwise engaged in a Validated Ministry.
- Commissioned Ruling Elders (CREs) and Ruling Elders elected to serve on the Committee on Ministers and Congregations (COMC) and the Committee on Preparation for Missional Ministry (CPMM). Participation is required within one year of being commissioned or elected.
- All Candidates for Ministry with flexibility to work with CPMM for alternative means to meet this requirement.
- All Presbytery staff are required to attend within one year of hire/election.
In accordance with New Castle Presbytery’s Prevention of Sexual Misconduct Policy, every three years all minister members and CREs of the Presbytery shall also attend refresher training on the subject of prevention of clergy sexual misconduct. Such training will be offered at several locations across the Presbytery, or may be taken through another source satisfactory to the Committee on Ministers & Congregations. View upcoming training opportunities for 2021 and additional details here.